Men and women suffer from a range of illnesses owing to various reasons, for instance regular smoking, obesity, excessive alcohol consumption and sedentary lifestyle. However, there are a couple of diseases that females are more prone to and which are likely to occur in them if precautions are not taken.
The 5 most important ailments or top 5 killers of women are:
1. Heart disease can be undoubtedly placed at the forefront for the ‘leading diseases resulting in death in both men and women’ list. It is owing to heart problems that women, especially after crossing the age of 40, become physically impaired and are unable to even walk up the stairs as it leaves them out of breath. Risk factors for heart ailments include obesity, smoking, high blood pressure, diabetes and lack of physical exercise. Such risks can be reduced by improving lifestyle and daily habits.
2. Second to lung cancer, breast cancer is the most prevalent type of cancer women succumb to. According to experts, women tend to run away from this issue due to apprehensions, when instead it is imperative for them to keep such emotions under control and enlighten themselves about it. As per the American Cancer Society, few causes for breast cancer which women should be aware of are:
• Excess alcohol consumption
• An abnormal breast biopsy done earlier
• Genetic or personal history of breast cancer
• An early beginning of menstruation or late menopause
3. The image of an elderly woman taking a stroll with the help of a cane or walker with a hunched back, best describes Osteoporosis. Yet another condition affecting several women worldwide after a certain age, Osteoporosis occurs due to factors such as having a thin-bone structure, lower intake of Vitamin D and calcium, anorexia, sedentary lifestyle and most importantly, age. Evista Generic is a beneficial drug which aids to deal with osteoporosis in women by increasing the bone density.
4. Autoimmune disorders are a category of ailments wherein the immune system destroys the body tissues, thereby making one vulnerable to chronic diseases such as type 1 diabetes, thyroid, lupus and multiple sclerosis, etc. Though there are no specific reasons established yet for these disorders, which attack almost 75% of women, certain hormonal, genetic and environmental factors may be the culprits.
5. Depression is probably the most common condition seen in almost every age group of women. Affecting more women as compared to men, there are several factors contributing to depression. Some of them are:
• Hormonal changes post pregnancy or during menopause
• Physical or sexual abuse
• A chronic disease
• Being anxious all the time
• Past depressive incidents
• Marital troubles
• Using medications that can trigger depression for instance hypertension or seizures
Lexapro Generic is an effective anti-depressant medication prescribed to cope with depression that works by affecting certain chemicals in the brain, thus helping to maintain psychological stability.
You are the best judge of your body and when you don’t feel good about yourself, you should never ignore the signs. Take immediate action by visiting your family doctor. Keep these monster diseases at bay by investing some time to give attention to your health.
- Breast Cancer as we know is a very serious and complicated disease, but often curable too!
- The onset of Osteoporosis occurs as a result of age – related complications and other factors.
- Hormonal Imbalance in Women and Weight Gain
- Obese women must lose good amounts of weight if they want to get pregnant, leave alone deliver a baby!
- Kylie Minogue: Breast Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment